Tuesday, October 24, 2017

God is All I Need

Trees Under Blue Sky during Daytime


The love of God is enough. Period. We do not need any person, place or thing to complete our life. We are complete in Christ, regardless of who or what we have or do not have in our life (Colossians 2:10).

Not having what we perceive as our perfect life is what causes us to strive to obtain what we think we need. The only striving that God suggests that we participate in as His children, is to strive to enter His rest (Hebrews 4:10).

If we are not Born Again by God’s Spirit, we will always have a God-shaped hole in our life, which is causing an insatiable appetite to want more. Our spirit is dead in sin, and we are not yet complete.

Total surrender to Jesus Christ is the only antidote. However, if we are an authentic, Born Again Believer, and we are striving for more of this world, then we just need an attitude adjustment.

If we do not have what we want, this means that God does not think that we need it at this time. I hate to think of my brothers and sisters in Christ as lonely and suffering. I know how this feels, because I have been there.

God taught me many lessons from my trials. One is that we find fulfillment by focusing on Christ in us, not on His benefits. We love Him, not for what He does for us, but because He loves us (1 John 4:19).

After I leaned on Him through my trials, God wrote a new chapter for my life in His way and in His timing; and He will do the same for you. Until He did, though, I focused on developing a deeper relationship with Christ in me.

When we let go of our desires, and focus instead on Christ in us, our life floods with peace and joy. I realized that when God decided that I needed something, He provided it for me in His timing and way, even if it was at the last minute.

Prayer:
Father God, I am thankful for my trials, because they taught me to go deeper in You to walk through them. You taught me to stop quoting scriptures at You in order to claim Your promises. I mistakenly thought that this would somehow make You feel obligated to give me what I wanted, when I wanted it.

This carnal attempt to twist Your arm to work on my behalf never changed my circumstances. You do not respond to manipulation. In fact, I learned that You are already working on our behalf, we just do not appreciate what You have already done; and what You are doing in us, for us and through us right now. We praise You for who You are and not only for what You do for us. Remind us to take the time to count our blessings, and to enter into Your joy (Matthew 25:23).

Thought for the Day:
When we sit alone, we are never lonely, as long as God's Spirit resides within our spirit (Psalm 46:10). We have fulfilling alone (all-one) times with Christ in us, as He fills us with all of His fullness (Ephesians 3:19).