Friday, December 18, 2015

I Would be Lost





I would be lost without God's presence and His Word. I do not just mean that I would literally be lost and going to hell, which I would be, but I would have such a meager life without Him.

Not having a Bible in my own language to read whenever I want would leave a huge hole in my life. I read the Word and write a post for my blog throughout each of my days. I commit verses to memory each day too.

There are many countries and people groups without the Bible in their own language. They are starving from a famine of hearing the Word of God. I cannot imagine the deprivation they feel.

Thankfully, there are groups dedicated to translating the Bible in the language of every culture around our globe. We can help by donating to these ministries, such as Wycliffe. You can even Christmas shop here ( https://www.wycliffe.org ).

The best Christmas gift we have ever received is the eternal life given to us by God through Jesus Christ. We simply make a searching moral inventory, ask God to forgive our sins and believe that Jesus Christ is the only Savior of the whole world (John 3:16-17; Acts 4:12; Mark 1:14-15).

This allows us to be filled with God's Spirit and to walk in God's presence each moment of our life. I depend solely on His presence for guidance, comfort, answered prayer and the peace and joy which only He can give.

Without God's love filling my life, I would feel alone, fearful, insecure, anxious and be overwhelmed with excessive sorrow. Yet, with His presence I find the true meaning of life, even in the negative aspects and the losses.

I would be lost without the presence and Word of God in my life. I dedicate my life to His service, because it is the least I can do in exchange for His generous love, provision and grace.

Prayer:
Father God, thank You for loving the world so much that You gave Your only begotten Son to pay for the error of our ways. Teach us Your ways and help us to walk in Your paths (Psalm 25:4, 27:11, 86:11). Help us to share Your truth and love with the lost and dying world all around us, so that they too can revel in Your presence and Your Word.

Help us to hide Your Word in our heart, so that we do not sin against You (Psalm 119:11); and so that we can flourish in this world because of Your presence in our spirit, Your Word in our heart and Your love providing a miracle in every trial that we will ever experience.

Thought for the Day:
God's Spirit enables authentic Believers to be totally capable of fully experiencing the magnitude of God's astounding and boundless love for us through a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, until we are completely filled throughout our entire body, soul and spirit with all the fullness of God and have the richest portion of His presence in our life until we are entirely flooded with God Himself. 
- Ephesians 3:18-19, Amplified Bible