Monday, November 28, 2016

Things of This World






blossom, flowers, meadow


When we lived on Tonya Ct. in Bonita Springs, FL I loved my one bedroom/one bath home, my flower gardens, my mini-van and my Pomeranian and calico cat. However, my dog died and we sold our Tonya Ct. home.

Things of this world are temporary at best. I've always loved sappy movies, treasure hunting at thrift stores, writing novels and devotionals, walking in nature, hanging out with my husband and worshipping with God’s people.

Yet, we can lose our standard of living or people or things that we cherish in this life without a moment's notice. 

I always attempt to remove anything in my life that causes a spiritual impediment. I deal with any physical ailment using nature’s remedies and with as little medicine and surgery as possible. Yet, we all die of something.

Once I get the “big one” that is going to take my life, I will not fight it; because I look forward to my homecoming in Heaven. How can I say this?

In Christ dwells all the fullness of the triune God; and this same powerful Jesus dwells in us. He hides us with Himself in God (Colossians 2:9, 3:3; Romans 6:8).

Prayer:
Father God, we are Your offspring and You transform us with ever increasing glory into the likeness of Your Son (2 Corinthians 3:18; Romans 12:2). Christ is glorified in us when we live and move and have our existence in Him (Acts 17:28; John 17:10).

Sanctify us until we exhibit Christ’s character in us, which is the fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). With Your divine nature infusing every part of our spirit, body and soul – our mind, choices and emotions, we live a fulfilled and victorious life (Acts 17:28-19; 1 Thessalonians 5:23).

Thought for the Day:
God wants to fill us through all of our being with all of His fullness, so that we might acquire the richest measure of His divine presence within us until we are completely filled and flooded to overflowing with God Himself (Ephesians 3:16-19; 4:13 Amplified Bible).