Thursday, November 17, 2016

Sweeter than the Day Before



Clear Water Drops

When we put our faith in Jesus as our Savior, we stop living for our self and instead live to serve Him in unity and holiness. He gives us a new life, which is so much better than our loneliness and deprivation.

God's Word urges us to live a holy life worthy of His call on our life (Ephesians 4:1). Jesus sets us free from our former bondage to sin (Romans 6:22) and exhorts us to follow Him and to be conformed to His image (Romans 8:29).

We are a new creation and we forsake the meager existence we formerly experienced on this earth (2 Corinthians 5:17). He renews our mind and gives us the mind of Christ, which no longer depends on human reasoning (Romans 12:2).

God fills us with His presence and Spirit and draws us ever closer to His will and ways. He challenges us to give Him our bodies as a living sacrifice, which is holy and pleasing to Him (Romans 12:1).

Daily, we depend on God as we face the obstacles and discouragements of life. We love Him more today than we did the day before. We dedicate to Him our whole heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30).

His Spirit leads and guides us in His will, fills us with His fruit and gives us wisdom to face the questions and perplexities of our day (Galatians 5:22-23).

We take advantage of divine opportunities to share the love of Christ with everyone we meet. We never meet a stranger, but a potential friend and a possible fellow Believer.

We do not shy away from sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with others as God gives us opportunities; and they see the joy of the Lord in our life.

Prayer:
Father God, I trust in You, so never let me be put to shame by my relationship with You. Bow down Your ear to hear me, and deliver me in Your righteousness. From eternal damnation You save me.  You are my rock, my fortress and my refuge in which I dwell continually.

Deliver me from the ruthless, wicked, unrighteous people all around me. You are my hope, my trust and my confidence. You are my benefactor since I was 18 and You even knew me when You formed me in my mother's womb. I love and worship You today and always (Psalm 71).

Thought for the Day:
Walking in the center of God's will for us is the happiest place on earth; His love cascades over us like a waterfall and His grace, mercy and peace are available in every experience we encounter.