Sunday, May 17, 2015

Greater Value

Wooden Buttons Stock Photo



Speaking or thinking negative thoughts about our self has no place in the Christian mind. God created the lily and clothed her in all of her glory; so too He created His children to bloom with our unique colors and shape.

As we cast our burdens on God, we bloom vibrantly where He plants us (1 Peter 5:7). Satan will plant weeds in our lives. They are particular people, activities and materialism, which thwart our progress toward our heavenly goals.

When the heat of trials bear down on us, God gives us a core of strength through His Holy Spirit. We will not droop, under our load of cares, into depression and defeat, because God gives us shade under His wings (Psalm 17:8).

As my fiance, my husband reacted with surprise to discover that I do not like to shop. I find no fulfillment in material possessions. I love to have pretty belongings around me, but I prefer to treasure hunt for them in a thrift store.

I find greater value in belonging to God’s Kingdom, than in participating in mundane, worldly activities. I treasure God’s presence much more than any presents the world has to offer.

Prayer:
Father God, thank You for sanctifying our soul and giving us Your spiritual mind. You help us to care more for Your Kingdom than for building our own little kingdom on this earth. As we cast our burdens on You, we bloom vibrantly where You plant us!

Thank You for Your deep peace and joy, which exceeds all human comprehension (Philippians 4:7).  As we dwell in You and You abide in us, we live in tranquility (John 15:4-5). Those whom You lead to come to walk in life by our side will enjoy Your fragrance from within us.

Thought for the Day:
What we sow into life will determine what we reap from life.