Monday, November 16, 2015

This Life So Often Scares Me




 

Growing up as a melancholy personality, I viewed life from an overly dramatic lens. Intense fluctuations in emotions warped my perception of events in my life.

Living with an overbearing and controlling father made me fear my own shadow. My mom enroll me in Girl Scouting, and even served as troop mom when necessary, to help me to develop self-esteem and confidence.

I still felt like a little mouse in a huge and frightening world. What I viewed as overwhelming difficulties hung like anchors around my neck. Trials devastated me.

As I aged, I viewed life and people suspiciously. I taught people to abuse me because of my insecurities; then, I followed my dad's behavior and used anger to protect myself.

Thankfully, God redeemed me at age 18. He started to sanctify me from one stage of glory to the next (2 Corinthians 3:18) and brought increasing healing to my soul 
( www.theophostic.com ).

I gradually realized that I am already dead, and my life is hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3-4). I have an everlasting refuge under His wings, which shelter me from life (Psalm 91).

He taught me not to depend on human might and reasoning to solve problems, but to wait on Him and to trust in Him (Matthew 28:20; Proverbs 3:5-6). He will successfully settle every issue for my eventual good (Romans 8:28).

Now, I embrace life's negative events with faith and serenity, knowing that the Lord Jesus Christ dwells within me with all the power of the triune Godhead (Colossians 1:27)

Prayer:
Father God, thank You for teaching me the Serenity Principle: You give us healing, courage, wisdom and divine revelation to resolve issues, which arise in our life; or the opportunity to give them to You by leaving them in Your capable hands.
(http://www.lords-prayer-words.com/famous_prayers/god_grant_me_the_serenity.html )

Remind us to realize that You already prearranged for a solution for every problem, which would ever happen to us. Help us to realize that we are just fine in this moment of time, and You abide within us to help us in every trial. You know the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10), and You have a perfect plan for each and every life (Romans 12:2; Ephesians 2:10).

Thought for the Day:
God gives us a seed for a miracle with every trial He ever permits in our life; we just have to look for it. - Job 42:12






Many thanks to Matt Milligan for the use of his photo.