Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm Out to Change My World

Read: Mark 16:15-20


“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."  -Acts 1:8 (NKJV)

A friend once asked me,  “Have you had any evangelistic opportunities lately?” I could not answer her, because I had not even looked for any opportunities.

This motivated me to step outside of my comfort zone. I started buying a small gift for each new person moving into my neighborhood and included a salvation tract and a map to my church. I also gave my neighbors inexpensive homemade gifts at Christmas and included a salvation tract with my phone number tucked inside. Each week at church, I spoke to the people I did not recognize and asked them how their week was going. I started smiling at everyone I passed and saying, "Hello".

I also began looking at the cashier’s nametag in all the retail stores I frequented, and asked, “How is (their name) today?” Then I actually listened and told them I would pray for them as I gave them a salvation tract with a map to my church. I even talked to people sitting next to me on planes, trains and boat trips and told them how Jesus changed my life.

As we talk about God’s goodness (Psalm 18:49) to our friends, relatives, associates and neighbors, we are witnessing! It is that easy! If we boldly share with others, God will bring conviction. (1 Corinthians 3:7)

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, never let me pass up an opportunity to “sing” Your praises. Help me to remember that my words may be all that will stand between this person and hell. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
I want to change my world, by sharing the gospel with one person at a time.