Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Perfect Parent


The Perfect Father

 
Read: Acts 17:24-28

“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children.”  – Ephesians 5:1

God is grossly misrepresented by those who do not know Him. He is not distant and angry, but He is the complete expression of pure love. It is His desire to lavish His love on us always and unconditionally, simply because we are His children and He is our Father (John 8:41-4; 1 John 3:1, 4:16). God offers me more than my earthly father ever could, because He is the perfect parent.

From one man, Adam, God made all the nations, which inhabit the whole earth. He marked out the nations’ appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that we would all seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from any one of us. In fact, once we admit we are a sinner, call on Jesus to save us and surrender our life to God’s will, we live and move and have our being in Him (Acts 17:24-28).

God promises that as we delight in Him, He puts His desires in our heart (Psalm 37:4). He is able to do more for us than we could ever possibly imagine (Deuteronomy 4:29; Philippians 2:13; Ephesians 3:20). God is our greatest encourager. He is also the Father who comforts us in all our troubles. When we are brokenhearted, He is close to us. As a shepherd carries a lamb, He carries us close to His heart (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17; 2 Corinthians 1:3-4; Psalm 34:18; Isaiah 40:11).

Every good and perfect gift that we receive comes from His hand. He is our provider and He meets all of our needs (Matthew 7:11, 5:48, James 1:17, Matthew 6:31-33). God will never stop doing good things for us, because we are His treasured possession. He desires with all of His heart and soul to provide for us. If we seek Him with all of our heart, He promises that we will find Him. He wants to show us great and marvelous things, which we cannot even imagine (Jeremiah 32:40; Exodus 19:5; Jeremiah 32:41, 33:3).

Prayer:
Father God, I confess that too often I blame You rather than praise You. You are so different from my earthly parents. You will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5) and You care about all of our needs (1 Peter 5:7). I forgive my parents for their failings. They are only human, as I am. We all need Your love and forgiveness. I am so thankful, however, that I have You as my perfect Father, because You love me perfectly. You meet all my needs according to Your riches in glory (Philippians 4:19). Forgive me for my sins and draw me ever closer to Your heart.

Thought for the Day:
Our Father God is the only perfect parent; so relax and enjoy your children.







Thank you, Debby Reynolds, for the use of your photo.