Thursday, November 14, 2013

Part 2 - The Devil is Alive and Well

Jesus Picture In Heaven On The Throne

 
A fallen angel named Lucifer was given authority over the earth, when Adam and Eve forfeited their dominion to him in Paradise. He is the god of this world, and his objective is to deceive people and to draw them away from God. This world glorifies Satan and his demons through music, movies and mediums. He even has holidays, such as Halloween, and TV movies and cartoons, which desensitize people into accepting him as the norm.

Fortunetellers and astrologers use satanic power to convince people that they have the wisdom of foreknowledge to help them plan their life. Satan convinces us that God is more interested in controlling our life than in blessing it. He wraps his lies in pretty packages, so that people will believe them and reject God’s truth as the lie (2 Thessalonians 2:11). Satan has authority over every life, until we surrender Lordship over our life to Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:2).

Satan loves to make us blame God for all of the ills in the world. He gives us foul names to call God and encourages us to disrespect Him and diminish Him in the eyes of others. He undermines God’s purpose in our lives. He keeps us in turmoil and causes us to be afraid of God. God never tempts us to sin; but Satan’s favorite pastime is tempting us to indulge in our favorite transgression (James 1:13-14). Satan is bent on ruining our life.
 
The devil lures us into joining him in hell, as we relinquish our beliefs in divine revelation and power (Ephesians 1:19). However, once we realize his deception, and walk away from his hole on us, we come to see the reality that only Christ has all authority in heaven and on the earth (Matthew 28:18). God helps to spoil Satan’s plans for us as He leads us into the fruitful life, which He planned for us before we were ever born (Ephesians 2:10). Come to Christ today and submit your will, goals, plans and aspirations to Him.


Prayer:
Father God, I completely surrender my life to You. Free me from Satan’s bondage on my life and forgive all of my sins. I believe that You sent Your only Son, Jesus, to die in my place. I thank You for reaching out to me and offering me Your mercy and grace. Lead me into Your Truth and give me your everlasting life (Psalm 139:23-24). Fill me with Your wisdom and grace and help me to walk in Your power over Satan and hell (Romans 6:6-7). In Jesus’ name and for Your glory. Amen and Amen.

Thought for the Day:
Even if Satan tries to devour us, Jesus prays for us; and then uses us to strengthen others from what we learn through the things, which we suffer. - Luke 22:31-34