Thursday, May 15, 2014

Moving Day



 

Moving from one home to another is a daunting task, even if you are young and energetic. Add a few years and an aging body and it can be almost impossible. This is when we rely on our friends and family for help, advice and back breaking labor. Even so, it seems that the more boxes we pack the more stuff there is to pack.

I always donate everything that is not absolutely necessary for my survival and enjoyment to a charity thrift store to prevent me from having to pack it.

On my most recent move the only things I could part with were four plastic pitchers and some old Tupperware. With all of the advice out there about plastics contributing to cancer in people, I bought glass instead. I would much rather be safe than sorry. I always pack all of my glass very carefully in mounds of towels and extra cardboard.

I did that with everything over a four month period; and yet, there was still occasion to take box after empty box back over to the former home to fill it up with even more “stuff!” I suppose pet supplies, gardening tools, along with the fact that I buy everything from medication to toiletries and cleaning supplies in bulk, had a great deal to do with that.

But, in the end, the job is complete, there is a new place for everything and everything is in its place. All is well with the world and I am back in my comfort zone. However, even when life settles down, there is always a hint of unrest in my soul, because my true home is in Heaven and my spirit so longs to go there, even now.

Prayer:
Father God, we thank You for giving citizenship in Heaven to anyone willing to humble their pride and submit their rebellion to you. You really do know so much more about how to succeed in this life than we do and your ways are always so much more perfect than our longest thought out plans. Remind us to seek You first in everything we do and say (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Thought for the Day:
Living in the Will of God is the happiest place on earth.