Saturday, July 3, 2021

Success in Tribulation

White Petaled Flower 


 

We often think that God is punishing us or failing to protect us when we go through a trail. Sometimes, tribulation comes as a result of our reaping the consequences of our carnal choices. At other times, we are so busy working for God that He cannot work in, for, and through us (Ephesians 2:10). 

 

The key to success in tribulation is to learn to seek God’s guidance each moment of the day, to rejoice regardless of the situation, to look for God’s hugs that He provides for us throughout the day, and to hide under the shelter of His wings (Psalm 61:4). 

 

For instance, my former husband of twenty-two years told me that he saw no option for us but divorce. This threw me into immediate turmoil. I thought our marriage would last until death parted us, but he sold our home and struck out into the great unknown to seek his place in life.

 

I had to relocate, find several jobs to support myself and wonder where God was in the midst of all the stress and chaos. I knew that God hates divorce (Malachi 2:16; Matthew 19:9); and I married a Christian Pastor, so why was this happening to me? God immediately started to provide for me. 

 

Taking me back to my supportive natural family, God put it in their hearts to take me under their wings. He healed my soul by opening the door at a Montessori training school and divorce recovery programs at two separate local churches, though which He introduced me to women friends going through similar circumstances. 

 

Confirming to me that He intended to provide for me and not to injure me, God gave me hope for my uncertain future (Jeremiah 29:11). Two years later, I met and married a Pastor whose wife divorced him. God restored our ministries and gave us unconditional love through His presence in each other.

 

Prayer:

Father God, You love us enough to sacrifice Your Son on our behalf (John 3:16). You never leave us or forsake us (Hebrew 13:4-6). At times, You must discipline us for our errant behavior, or to prod us back on Your chosen path for us (Ephesians 2:10; Jeremiah 29:11). It may be painful for a little while, but it all brings about in us Your peaceable fruit of righteousness (Hebrews 12:11). 

 

Remind us that the disciples often found themselves in turmoil, but Jesus always came to them at just the right moment (Mathew 14:22). When they floundered in an angry sea, and prepared to meet their death, He was there (Mark 6:48); and another time, when their hope ebbed, Jesus walked out to them on the water and provided for them. Thank You for always caring for us as well.

 

Thought for the Day:

Through His care for them, Jesus proved to the disciples that He truly was the Son of God, and tribulation is also our opportunity to grow deeper in our faith, love, union, and devotion to God; at times, faith is all that gets us through the murky waters of life, and just reading God’s Word always provides stability and hope for us as it increases our faith in God’s faithfulness.

– Matthew 14:33; Hebrews 12:6-7