Thursday, April 23, 2020

Healing from Negative Beliefs

photo of about to bloom lotus flower



What we believe - both negative and positive - colors our life. Some beliefs, such as salvation through Christ, positively impact us; others, such as we are "not enough" or "flawed" in some way will have the opposite effect on our daily quality of life.

Our beliefs about our self, and about life, limit our fulfillment and the prosperity in our soul (3 John 1:2). Negative lies nestle into our subconscious mind and slowly poison our soul with their false and destructive thoughts. These thoughts then affect our emotions and behavior.

Negative thoughts and beliefs sabotage our faith in God, our reliance on the truth of God's Word, and our victory each moment of our day. Some of these falsehoods come from other people both in our past and in our current life. They lodge in the recesses of our subliminal mind and steal our ability to succeed on a daily level.

Our identity and our patterns of thought, attitude, motives, desires, way of communicating, behavior, and the health of our body and soul and spirit are tainted by these limiting lies, which bind us to these destructive, demeaning beliefs.

There is hope, however, because we can exchange the lies with God's truth about us, if we are willing to spend uninterrupted time with God's Spirit as He cleanses us from all iniquity (1 John 1:9). Our identity then becomes based in His truth rather than in satanic deception.

Awareness of the lies that demonic forces perpetuate in our mind is half the battle. Once we identify the lie, we ask God to reveal to us His truth about the concept, which we formerly adopted as our own belief system, and He heals us of it for eternity.

Prayer:
Father God, scientists teach us that negative beliefs put ruts into our sympathetic nervous system, and perpetually impair us from functioning mentally, emotionally and spiritually in these areas. Remind us that these beliefs are only repaired through truth communicated by Your Spirit's intervention to change our beliefs and to repair these breaches in our body and soul.

Help us to understand that our beliefs about current issues in our day run through the files of thoughts in our subconscious mind. These beliefs then influence our reactions to the person or event we are currently facing. We often act from our flesh, and wound the very people whom we profess to love and care about. Remind us that Jesus died to free us from this devastation caused by sin, and that we can walk in Your wisdom and compassion for our self and others in our life.

Thought for the Day:
These and other false beliefs color our daily patterns of thoughts, words, emotions and actions:
·       You’ll never win. I always lose.
·       You’ll never get it right. I'll never learn.
·       You’ll never amount to anything. I’ll never be successful.
·       You’re wrong. I’m never right.
·       You’re just like… (your father, mother, etc.) I can’t change my genes or who I am.
·       You’re not to be trusted. I can’t trust myself or God.
·       You’ll do as I tell you. I have no control. I’m always the victim.
·       Money goes through your hands like water. I’ll never have enough money to pay my bills.
·       You’ll never be able to succeed… I'm not smart enough to make a difference in my life.
·       You’re worthless. My life has no value, and I can't contribute to my world.
·       Who do you think you are? I’m a no-body, and I do not matter.
·       You’re a loner and always will be. I’ll never have close friends, associates and family members, etc.
·       You’ll never change. I will always be flawed and useless.
·       You can’t have that. I am not worthy to receive what I need.
·       You’re such a loser. I am worthless.
·       Not now, I’m busy, we’ll talk about it later. Someone or something else is always more important than I am.
·       You are hopeless. I'm not enough, and never will be.

God's Truth is the only way that we are totally set free from these and other negative "tapes" that constantly replay in our subconscious mind; counseling mind-to-mind, and words that are taught to us, are not usually cleansing, because only the truth that is caught by our spirit from God's Spirit will truly change our beliefs, behavior, thoughts, emotions, desires, etc.