Friday, October 19, 2018

The Healing Presence of God

Red Green and Orange Leaves



When we pray, we often look for earthquakes, fire from heaven, a great rushing wind, miraculous answers; however, God often comes in the sound of "gentle stillness" - in a still, small voice (1 Kings 19:9-12).

We meet God in the quiet rest of His presence (Hebrews 4:10) - allowing His peace to bathe our soul and to heal the sources of our negative emotions. Listening to His directives for each moment of our day, we live and walk in His Spirit and His will - the happiest place on earth (Acts 17:28).

Connecting with patient, non-condemning people who pay attention to us is very healing. They are not absorbed in their self, their own problems, and their schedule. We can bond with one another as we chat or sit quietly in companionable silence.

We learn from God's Spirit, and from physically and psychologically safe people, to accept our self, to have patience with our flaws, and to find direction for our difficulties. This helps us to recover from the negative tapes in our mind of past labeling, criticism and degrading remarks.

In addition to externally safe environments, we also need an internally safe atmosphere. A place where we refuse to condemn our self, call our self names, or belittle our best efforts to follow God in our life.

Instead, we encourage and have compassion on our self. We accept our self for who we are in Christ. Paying attention to and meeting the needs of our body, soul and spirit are paramount pre-qualifications to our positive quality of life.

By the healing power of God within us, through Christ and by His Spirit, we stop judging our self, second-guessing our motives, or criticizing and devaluing everything we think, say and do each moment of the day.

Intimacy with God, basking in His attention, and listening to His words of comfort and direction all during the day, keep us joyful even in negative circumstances. As we wait on Him, He manifests to us His presence within us.

Prayer:
Father God, please keep us grounded and centered on Christ in us, and on who You are in our life; so that we keep Your peace in us through every trial and stressful situation. Help us to find our healing under the shadow of Your wings (Malachi 4:2). Teach us to walk in Your ways and to give You the glory for everything that You accomplish in us and through us during our life on this earth.

Thank You for helping us to live free of Satan's lies within our soul, and for teaching our internal voices to lift us up, have compassion and empathy for our self as well as others, to accept our self just the way we are, and to watch as Your Spirit transforms us into the likeness of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18). We look to You to heal us and to bring us into a more intimate relationship with You day by day.

Thought for the Day:
In order to heal, we think Godly thoughts about our self. Below is a list of who we are in Christ, developed over the years from various authors I have read:

WHO AM I IN JESUS CHRIST AS A CHILD OF GOD:
·       I am loved (1 John 4:10)
·       I am capable; I am enough (Philippians 4:13)
·       I have been sanctified and called to holiness (1 Corinthians 1:2)
·       I have been given grace in Christ Jesus (1Corinthians 1:4)
·       I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I am now living is Christ’s life (Galatians 2:20)
·       I am a son of God and one with Christ (Galatians 3:26, 28)
·       I am an heir of God, and co-heir with Jess since I am a Born Again child of God (Galatians 4:6,7)
·       I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13)
·       I have been redeemed and forgiven, and I am a recipient of His lavish grace (Romans 6:1-5)
·       I have been made alive together with Christ (Ephesians 2:5)
·       I have been raised up and seated with Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6)
·       I am God’s workmanship…His handiwork…given a new life in Christ to do His work (Ephesians 2:10)
·       I am a Saint of God (Ephesians 1:1; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:2)
·       I have been placed into Christ, by God (1 Corinthians 1:30)
·       I have received the Spirit of God into my life that I might comprehend the extent of what He freely gave to me (1 Corinthians 2:12)
·       I have already been given the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16)
·       I am God's temple…His dwelling place not made by humans. His Spirit and His life dwell in me (1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19)
·       I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17)
·       I am bought with a price; I am not my own; I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 7:23)
·       I am called (1 Corinthians 7:17)
·       I am a member of Christ’s Body (1 Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 5:30)
·       I am victorious through Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57)
·       I have been established, anointed and sealed by God in Christ, and I have been given to the Holy Spirit as a pledge guaranteeing my inheritance to come (2 Corinthians 1:21; Ephesians 1:13, 14)
·       I am blameless and free from accusation (Colossians 1:22)
·       Christ Himself is in me (Colossians 1:27)
·       I am firmly rooted in Christ and am now being built up in Him (Colossians 2:7)
·       I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
·       My old unregenerate nature has been removed (Colossians 2:11)
·       I have been buried, raised, and made alive with Christ (Colossians 2:12,13)
·       I died with Christ and I have been raised up with Christ. My life is now hidden With Christ in God. Christ is now my life. (Colossians 1:1-4)
·       I am an expression of the life of Christ because He is my life (Colossians 3:4)
·       I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4)
·       I am a child of light and not of darkness (1 Thessalonians 5:5)
·       I have been rescued from the domain of Satan’s rule and transferred to the kingdom of Christ (Colossians 1:13)
·       I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. The debt against me has been cancelled (Colossians 1:14)
·       I have been given a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
·       I have been saved and set apart by God (2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5)
·       I am an enemy of the devil (1 Peter 2:11)
·       I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I am a partaker of God’s divine nature (2 Peter 1:4)
·       I am forgiven on the account of Jesus’ name (1 John 2:12)
·       I am anointed by God (1 John 2:27)
·       I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns (1 John 3:1,2)
·       I am like Christ (1 John 4:10)
·       I have life (1 John 5:12)
·       I am born of God, and the evil one…the devil…cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)
·       I have been redeemed (Revelation 5:9)
·       In Christ I have been healed (Isaiah 53:5)
·       I am the salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13)
·       I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)
·       I am being changed into the likeness of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18
·       Since I have died, I no longer live for myself, but for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:14,15)
·       I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
·       I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18,19)
·       I have been made righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21)
·       I am commissioned to make disciples (Matthew 28:19,20)
·       I am a child of God (John 1:12)
·       I have eternal life (John 10:27)
·       I have been given peace (John 14:27)
·       I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ’s life (John 15:1,5)
·       I am clean (John 15:3)
·       I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15)
·       I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit (John 15:16)
·       I have been given glory (John 17:22)
·       I have been justified…completely forgiven and made righteous (Romans 5:1)
·       I died with Christ and died to the power of sin’s rule over my life (Romans 6:1-6)
·       I am now a slave of righteousness, not of sin (Romans 6:18)
·       I am free from sin and enslaved to God (Romans 6:22)
·       I am free forever from condemnation (Romans 8:1)
·       I am a son of God; God is my Heavenly Father (Romans 8:14, 15 Galatians 3:26; 4:6)
·       I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him (Romans 8:17)
·       Because I am sanctified and am one with the Sanctifier, He is not ashamed to call me brother (Hebrews 2:11)
·       I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling (Hebrews 3:1)
·       I have the right to come boldly before the throne of God to find mercy and grace in a time of need (Hebrews4:16)
·       I have been born again (1 Peter 1:23)
·       I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house (1 Peter 2:5)
·       I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a People for God’s own possession (1 Peter 2:9,10)
·       I am an alien and stranger to this world in which I temporarily live (1 Peter 2:11)
·       I am more than a conqueror through Christ, who loves me (Romans 8:37)
·       I have faith in God's faithfulness (Romans 12:3)
·       I am led by God in triumphal procession (2 Corinthians 2:14)
·       I am to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing (2 Corinthians 2:15)
·       I am given strength in exchange for weakness (2 Corinthians 12:10)
·       I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3)
·       I was chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and am without blame before Him (Ephesians 1:4)
·       I was predestined…determined by God…to be adopted as God’s son (Ephesians 1:5)
·       I have direct access to God through the Spirit (Ephesians 2:18)
·       I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God’s family (Ephesians 2:19)
·       I may approach God with boldness, freedom, and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
·       I am righteous and holy through Christ (Ephesians 2:24)
·       I am a citizen of heaven, seated in heaven right now through Christ in me (Philippians 3:20 Ephesians 2:6)