Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Silent Prayer Reveals the Sorrow of our Soul


 

Prayer is a vital key in increasing our intimate unity with our Daddy God as well as Jesus Christ, His son. Often, we create busyness and noise to avoid thoughts that cause pain in our life. These unwanted invaders come from past abuse or current issues; and at times, we feel like an atomic bomb went off in our soul.

 

Taking regular searching inventories of our soul – our thoughts, words, emotions, and behavior – will give us a clue about what is really bothering us. In the volcanic anger of my past, I reacted to the powerlessness I felt over past and present occurrences in my life. Ignoring them was my way of thinking I already forgave and let go of these traumatic events.

 

However, they still lurked in my subconscious mind and added fuel to my melancholy depression and hair trigger temper. This occurred whenever I felt that someone was attempting to force me into a situation about which I did not feel God’s peace. 

 

The stress and anxiety caused in my soul, by these decisions that were forced on me in my past, fueled my anger which I used to protect myself. This habit was never successful, but it vented the built-up negative emotions in my soul. These outbursts made me feel better, but they wounded those I love.

 

We are often crippled by the words spoken by people from our past, which are still defining for us who we are as well as our value and worth. Satan uses these proclamations to make us feel vulnerable and all alone; however, the opposite is actually true. As Born Again Believers, the entire Trinity of God is in us and on our side.

 

My husband showed me how to talk about issues as they arise, and not to store them up in my soul until they exploded in an angry outburst. He patiently prayed with me for hours for God to reveal to me the true source of this habit of using anger to protect myself and for Him to erase in my soul these deep-seeded effects. 

https://www.transformationprayer.org/preparing-journey-introduction/

 

Prayer:

Father God, in Your faithfulness, You did help me to remember past trauma, and to forgive the perpetrator as I learned to trust in You with my whole heart, not just part of it. You are always waiting on us to run into Your everlasting arms, so You can embrace us in an intimate relationship with You.

 

The depth of this union with You is not possible with a human being, no matter how much we love them, and they love us. Your love is unconditional and everlasting. We glory in You and in Jesus. We look forward to eternity in Your physical presence to You we give all the praise and glory due to Your name.

 

Thought for the Day:

Sitting in silent prayer before the Lord exposes negative issues in our soul, and it allows us to confront the destructive voices in our head. Silent prayer exposes satanic lies that we carry in our soul from our birth until now, and it allows us to hear God speak about our value in His eyes and our identity in Christ.