Friday, December 2, 2011

Falsely Accused

Read: Matt 26:59-60a

“For if I am an offender, or have committed anything deserving of death, I do not object to dying; but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them.” - Acts 25:11 (NKJV)

There is nothing that upsets me more than a false accusation. I make so many mistakes, for which others can justly accuse me that I hate to receive false accusations as well. One day, during my devotion time, God reminded me that the Jews falsely accused Paul and Jesus also. Therefore, I am in good company.

Biblical characters used a soft answer to turn away wrath (Prov 15:1). So from their example, I endeavor to learn that humility is always the best way to diffuse a tense situation. Now, when someone falsely accuses me, I remember that as long as God knows the truth, the false opinion of others makes no difference in my life. I do not need to use one breath in my defense, because God is my judge (Romans 14:4) and Jesus is my advocate (1 John 2:1).

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for giving us Your Word to teach us to see both sides of the coin. Help us to make wise judgments and never to accuse anyone falsely.

Thought for the Day:
The mouth of the righteous man speaks only wisdom and justice and never makes a false accusation.