Friday, December 9, 2011

My Soul Waits for the Lord

Read: Psalm 18:1-3

"I trust in Your loyal love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has dealt bountifully with me." - Psalm 13:5-6

My soul waits for the Lord more eagerly than a night watchman waits for the morning light to dawn. I plant my hope in His Word, because He is my help and my shield. He brings joy to my soul because He showers me with His unfailing love. Both riches and honor come from Him, and in His hand is all the power and might we need to live fulfilling and strong lives.

God has big plans for His children, which bring us prosperous blessings and protect us from all harm. He is our future and our hope (Jeremiah 29:11). We can take courage and not be afraid no matter what life throws at us, because the Lord Jesus is with us - no matter where we live, what we do for a living, nor for how long we live on this earth.

The Lord longs to be gracious and rises to show compassion on the whole earth. I could never finish singing His praises. I will testify to others what He has done for me, and what He longs to do for them. I will give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name, and make known to others what He has done for me. I will sing praises to Him, and tell of all His wonderful acts (1 Chronicles 16:8-9). Even the heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they are a testimony to His goodness, and night after night they prove His existence (Psalm 19:1-2).

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, let Your unfailing love rain down on us, even as we put our hope in You.

Thought for the Day:
We have the privilege and the responsibility to offer others the gift of faith in Christ.