Friday, December 30, 2011

God Keeps Life From Hurting So Much

Read: 2 Corinthians 4: 8-10

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;”
- 2 Corinthians 4: 8


Have you ever had “one of those days”? Maybe today was not the best of days. You admit to feeling depressed. You are under great pressure, far beyond your ability to endure. Your body aches from lack of rest. Conflicts plaque you from the outside, and fears afflict you from within your soul. Possibly, you even despair of life and long for Heaven.

I’ve been in that dark state before too. I usually read my Bible before trying to go to sleep. At times like these, God always uses his Word to bring me comfort, direction and peace. 2 Corinthians 4:8 reminds me that God keeps life from hurting so much. Although life tries to press us in from all sides, it will never crush us. When life frustrates us, it will not take away our hope.

Christ in me is my hope of glory (Col 1: 27). When I bow my head in prayer and listen to God’s Spirit, He fills me to overflowing and I feel like I can soar with the eagles. Once this happens, I know that I can continue to work without growing weary. I can help others without feeling faint. As I hope in the Lord, He renews my strength (Isa 40: 31).

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, although troubles surround us on every side, we are not without hope. When life gets too hard for us, You walk with us through the trials. Thank You for Your joy, which is our strength (Neh 8:10).

Thought for the Day:
Success is sweeter after we have tasted failure.