Monday, December 5, 2011

Help in Times of Trouble

Read: Psalm 46: 1-3

“You will give me greater honor than before and turn again and comfort me.” - Psalms 71:21 (TLB)

In the past, I often struggled with feeling undeserving of God’s love and care. Satan magnified my imperfections and convinced me that God was upset with me or did not care about me. During stressful times, I often viewed the agitation as a curse from God. I accused Him of holding a grudge against me. In reality, the opposite is true. These stressful events actually come into my life so that He can prove to me that He is the God of all comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3; 7:6).

As soon as a hint of trouble arises in our lives, God offers Himself to us as a strong tower (Proverbs 18:10). Just as in Biblical days, He allows these trials to provide us and those around us with a glimpse of His awesome power in our lives. When others see Him working events out for our good, they may eventually turn to Him in their day of trouble. They may even ask us why we have so much peace in so much turmoil. At these times, we can be ready with our testimony of His grace and love.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for supplying all of our needs according to Your riches in glory. Help me to live my life so that people will see Your faithfulness and glorify You in their lives. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
Remember that there will always be times such as this, and God will always be faithful.