Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Playing Catch Up!

Read: Leviticus 23:26-32

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1: 9)

The older I get, the more mistakes I make. I used to multi-task with the best of them, but now I forget the simplest things. I find myself running around after myself, playing catch up rather than follow the leader. As flawed humans, our only hope of salvation comes from our atonement, paid for by Jesus Christ. We live best as we follow His lead.

Thankfully, He no longer requires us to prove our allegiance through dietary restrictions and religious works as He did in the Old Testament. He simply asks us to repent of our sins, to accept Him as our personal Redeemer and Lord, and to allow His Spirit to transform our lives. He nailed our failings to Calvary's cross, and He sets us free to serve Him with all of our hearts. Then He gave us the commission to lead others to Him, and to encourage others to follow us as we follow Him. He even gives us grace to do this on each new day.  

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, lead me by Your Spirit so that I may accomplish Your will for me in leading others to know You more completely.

Thought for the Day:
The bleeding, dying, risen Savior gives hope to all of mankind.