Monday, January 9, 2012

Live and Let Live

Read: Matthew 7:13-14

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6

Up until my first year of college, I lived by the philosophy, "Judge not, or you will be judged." I did not want anyone stepping on my toes, because it always hurt. I just wanted to survive in a laissez-faire, non-judgmental existence. I believed that everyone who lived a good life would go to heaven. Many "religious" teachers supported my views, but what I did not realize is that Biblical truth did not sustain this belief system.

Thankfully, I learned that there is only one name under heaven by which we can be saved - Jesus Christ. When I accepted His forgiveness for my sins, I stopped traveling down the broad road of pious lies. I entered the narrow gate of His truth and started loving Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength (Mark 12:30). I developed my personal relationship with our living Lord. Now, I get so excited when I realize that eventually even the skeptics will one day recognize His Lordship and bow at His name (Philippians 2:9-11).

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, help me to lift You up to the highest place in my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Give me the ability to communicate Your truth to the lost and dying world all around me, while there is still time for them to hear and to believe.

Thought for the Day:

Eternal life only comes to us through faith in the name, which is above all other names - the name of Jesus Christ.