Wednesday, December 26, 2018

From Death to Life


Pink Tiger Lily on Bloom  



A while ago, my dear Mommy victoriously passed from death to life. She crossed the divide between life on this earth and eternity. She traded her worn out body for her immortal one. She will abide forever in the presence of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:8).

She no longer needs to suffer from the indignities of Alzheimers, or an irritable bowel, or the common cold. She is free from earthly illness, hurt, sorrow and the ties that bind us to this world. She joined the Saints in heaven in worshiping around God's throne.

Her last breath on earth was immediately followed by her first breath in heaven. The moment her spirit and soul left her body, and her body went to the grave, she received her immortal body like Jesus had after His resurrection.

I feel no loss at all. I just have to wait a little while to see my Mommy again. I will spend eternity with her, as we serve King Jesus together, and I look forward to the day that I can join her in His presence.

Answering my prayers for her to be freed from the confines of her earthly body is one of the greatest gifts my Heavenly Father ever gave me. It ranks right up there with His gifts to me of my salvation and my dear husband, Kevin.

For the Believer in Christ, death is not the end, but the beginning of our true life in the glorious riches of the Kingdom of God. We graduate from the school of life to the grandeur of heaven, where we receive our rewards for obeying the Lord's will for our life.

We are not rotting in the grave. He is our guide and our refuge, even in death (Psalm 48:14; Proverbs 14:32). The angels carry us to the presence of God in heaven (Luke 16:22). He raises us through death into a new life with Him (Luke 20:36).

God rejoices in the death of His Saints (Psalm 116:15), because we are in His presence now and for eternity. The day of our death is actually even better than the day of our birth (Ecclesiastes 7:1). We experience the exquisite pleasures of eternity with our Father God (Psalm 16:9-11).

Prayer:
Father God, I thank You for drawing us to Your heart during times of strain and sorrow, which accompany the death of our loved ones. I thank You that Your peace, which passes all human understanding, flows over us like a waterfall. You fill our heart with Your love and joy so fully that we feel no other emotion.

I ask that You help us to find our refuge under the shadow of Your wings, our strength in Your joy, and our comfort and clarity of thinking in Your wisdom, as You lead us beside the still waters and restore our soul (Psalm 23). We look forward to the day of our passing from this earthly life into eternity with You.

Thought for the Day:
Our last breath on earth is followed by our first breath in Heaven; and we will spend eternity with our loved ones, friends, acquaintances, and Born Again people from all over the world, in worshiping God around His throne.