Sunday, December 2, 2018

God Did It

Pink Petal Flower



People look at me like I have two heads, or sigh in frustration when they see yet another post from me on social media about what God did for me and mine. Of course, this does happen several times on most days of the week.

Few people see God in all things, and rarely give Him praise and public recognition for what He does, so my praising God so often seems odd to most people. I cannot help but to brag about my Daddy God's exploits on my behalf.

They are hugs from Him, and signs that I am a spoiled princess of King Jesus. Everything He does for me is momentous in my life. I could get used to and ignore them, but I thrill at each one. Let me count just a few of the ways He spoils me.

For instance, I was involved in a car accident that totaled my car … two separate times. The first time the car actually flipped, slid down a hill, and the roof caved in several inches with me inside of the crushed vehicle.

God helped me to realize that I could escape by rolling down the window in the opposite direction, since the car was upside down. I went to the chiropractor the next day, as a precautionary measure, and I did not have one cut, bruise or bone out of place.

I had another wreck a year or so later, and also totaled the car. I broke 11 ribs, a little finger, punctured my lung, and had half a face full of glass and a concussion. I was only in the hospital overnight to make sure my lung healed, and I never took one pain pill, because God healed the pain.

Recently, I dropped a Pyrex dish, full of frozen food, on my toe. I suffered intense, excruciating, sleep-depriving pain for about 12 hours; and finally went to bed thanking Daddy God for sleep and no more pain. 

I soon fell asleep and awoke later with no pain. My bones in both of these last two incidents took 6 weeks to 3 months to heal, but I never had any further pain from either one.

God also taught me how to heal from potential bacteria, viruses and germ-related illnesses from our chemical-laden food, cleaning supplies and toiletry products, by eating only organic foods and using essential oils and homemade ingredients (Amy Myers, MD).

Frequently, God makes sure that I encounter sales on groceries, gardening supplies, and other needed items. My "gardening" angels often gift me with lovely butterfly plants for my organic garden, which is also full of organic strawberries.

My indoor roses and amaryllis even bloom during the winter months. God made sure that I found matching, beautifully decorated, metal plant stands for both living room windows for only $10 each at the Thrift Store.

Intense autumn splendor and cloud shapes in the sky in our new neighborhood in the nation's heartland, random gifts of kindness from others, the numerical arrangement on our clocks during the day, unexpected emails, etc. are all frequent hugs from my Daddy God.

When we opened our Café outreach ministry, God gave me the idea to wear denim as my work uniform. I had none, but our next trip to the Thrift Store provided me with a whole new wardrobe of denim skirts and long sleeve shirts at economical prices.

In fact, all of my beautiful clothes come from the thrift stores. A day after I prayed for another exact need, God even provided a like-new, donated shower curtain at the Thrift store to use for kitchen clean-ups rather than using paper towels.

My "orphan" status grieved me for a while after my last parent passed away. God remedied this by giving me a church family full of "parents". Hallmark movies with wholesome, positive plots, set in delightful towns, with beautiful antiques and amazing nature all around the towns delight my fun-time during the evenings.

Food sales, like avocado for $1.00 all year long, save us money, and give me wholesome food choices.  Needed advice from medically trained church members concerning health issues, often bless me; like when my immune system attacked my vocal cords.  

I pinched a hip nerve, and suffered pain for a week, until God Himself advised me to use the reverse healing method than prescribed on the internet and advised by doctors to several friends. The nerve immediately unpinched.

Minute, detailed, continual moment by moment directions for each day that solve problems, answer questions, give Godly wisdom, and change my focus about an issue causing me stress, are available through God's personal counsel to me.

The wisdom and healing power of this world come from an earthly point of view. However, this is temporary at best, because it is not rooted in a Biblical world view or sourced through Salvation through Jesus Christ alone (John 3:16-18). God alone is powerful.

Prayer:
Father God, it is sad when I realize that worldly solutions work for unsaved friends and family only in this world, and are not completely and eternally transformational like walking in Your Spirit and in Your Presence each moment of our day. When we live, move and have our entire being in Christ (Acts 17:28), our faith does not come from our own life energy, or vitality drawn from nature, but from the Creator of all things (Romans 11:36).

We are not super-Saints or more spiritual than anyone else, but reliant only on You, our awesome God. Christ in us is our hope (Colossians 1:27). Your presence in us, from the moment of our salvation by Your Holy Spirit, provides our inspiration, guidance and intimacy with You. Thank you that Your Spirit gives us joy that is not dependent on this world (1 Peter 1:8), as well as peace that goes beyond comprehension and is lasting and eternal (Philippians 4:7).

Thought for the Day:
As we seek God's Kingdom first, by focusing on His will, truth and Word each moment of our day, He provides us with everything we need for a healthy body, soul and spirit until He is ready to take us home to His presence; did you know that God delights in us coming Home to Him? - Psalm 115:16