Monday, January 25, 2021

Our Favorite Place


Blue and White Abstract Painting 


In my “flesh”, I am basically a fearful and insecure person – timid, meek, introverted, quiet and withdrawn. To step out of this fleshly persona, I need to step into my spirit and allow the Spirit of God to immerse my soul with His fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, meekness, self-control and faith (Galatians 5:22-23).

 

My favorite place in the whole world is snuggled beneath the shadow of God’s wings. Usually, He shelters me there all day long, assuring me of His presence in and all around me. Once in a while He will prod me out from under His wing, as He reassures me that He has given me everything that I need in order for Him to use me to accomplish His will in that moment of time .

 

I prefer to stay snuggled under his wing, but each time He nudges me into a divine appointment, I am always happy that I obey His direction. In these times, I am usually able to draw someone’s attention out of their heavy circumstances by helping them to find hope in the Lord’s individual love for them.

 

King David knew that his strength came from the Lord, as is evidenced in His Psalms. God is our rock, fortress, deliverer, shield, stronghold, and our horn of our salvation. We make our refuge in Him, and He saves us from the unpleasantness of this world; therefore, He is worthy of our continual praise (Psalm 18:1-3). 

 

Prayer: 

Father God, You are our strength and our song, You are our entire salvation. You are our Father God, and we will praise You and exalt You forever (Exodus 15:2; Psalm 18:46). Help us never to ignore You, the Rock who brought us into being, nor to forget You since You give us the new birth in You (Deuteronomy 32:18; Psalm 18:31).

 

May the words of our mouth, and the meditation of our heart always be pleasing in Your sight. You are our strength and our Redeemer (Psalm 19:14). You never turn a deaf ear to us, and You never give us the cold shoulder or withhold Your comfort from us (Psalm 28:1). Our heart totally trusts in You, and You always help us. Our heart rejoices and we give You our thanks in our daily praises (Psalm 28:7).

 

Thought for the Day:

I love the Lord, for He hears my voice; and I love the Lord, for He hears my cries for mercy and grace and unity with His Spirit within me; He always turns His ear to me, so I will call on Him as long as I live, even when I am overwhelmed by trouble and sorrow, and the cords of death entangle me, and the grave is creeping up on me, I will sing His praises with a loud voice.

- Psalm 6:8-9, 116:1-9