Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Bountiful Peace of God



Free stock photo of flowers, garden, pink, bloom

We form habits in our life that help us to accomplish more than one action at a time, and to remember to do them in a timely fashion. Spiritual disciplines are even more important than earthly ones.

They help us to keep our focus on God's Kingdom every day. Bible study, praying without ceasing, doing God's will, abiding in His rest, walking in the Spirit, etc. are just a few important spiritual habits, which we can form.

Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy, but we have no fear of him, because we have abundant life through Jesus who lives within us (John 10:10). We have no cause to be anxious about anything.

Worshipping God and sitting quietly at His feet are two of my favorite daily spiritual practices. You may wonder how I have time to spend this alone time with God due to my busy schedule as a Pastor's wife.

One way is that I limit my time on social media and watching television. I make sure I have healthy meals prepared for my family and then I pray about which daily chores God wants me to accomplish that day.

I do not attempt to do all the needed chores in one day; just those that God's Spirit directs me to do, and the rest I leave for another day to accomplish at His Spirit's direction. I actually get more done that way without stress and feeling burdened.

When we pray about everything, the peace of God, which transcends all human reasoning, guards our thoughts and emotions because of Christ’s completed work on the cross (Philippians 4:6-7).

God provides for all of our needs and He even blesses our children through thousands of generations, because we walk in His ways (Exodus 20:6; Deuteronomy 5:10, 7:9).

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank You for the salvation you secured for us through Your scourging, crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection. Thank You for the freedom we have now through Your resurrection life within us.

Help us to walk worthy of your sacrifice and help us to live as a testimony of Your goodness and holiness (Ephesians 4:1; Colossians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 2:12). Let others see Christ in us as we traverse through our day in Your service, regardless of our vocation.

Thought for the Day:
“I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.” 
- Psalm 37:5