Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Is it Concern or Worry?

 Snowy Forest


 

There is a difference between worry and concern. Worry controls our life and negatively affects us in our health in body, soul, and spirit. Worry causes sleepless nights, preoccupied behavior, and highly imaginative thoughts that will probably never happen. Worry is actually a sign of our lack of faith in God’s faithfulness (Romans 14:23).  

 

We are naturally concerned about issues in our life, but we cross over to worry only when we obsess about them. God’s Word teaches us not to worry (Matthew 6:25-34). We have a heavenly Father that cares about every issue in our life, and He has a purpose for all of them (1 Peter 5:7).

 

I have a little box (heart-shaped is best) and I cut little pieces of paper to fit in it. When I have a concern, I write it on this paper and put it in the box. I pray over the problem as I place the request on top of all my other concerns. I know that God is the answer to all my cares and the supplier of all my needs (Philippians 4:19).

 

Then when satanic forces tempt me to worry or be anxious about that issue, I say out loud, "I already put that in the heart of God, and I fully trust Him with my whole heart to give me wisdom on how to resolve it, or to supernaturally deal with it for me if there is nothing that I can do to settle it” (the Serenity Prayer Principle).

 

Periodically, I peruse the box, and write the date on the prayer requests as God solves the issues. This builds my faith dramatically and helps me to leave matters in God's hands in the future too. He is so trustworthy and faithful to His Saints, and He cares about every matter regardless of how big or small it is. 


Prayer:

Father God, You are our Shepherd and we shall not lack any good thing that we need (Psalm 23:1; Psalm 34:10). We have no need to worry about the next moment of our life if we already surrendered it to You. Teach us to walk in Your Spirit and not to seek after the cravings of our flesh and the lifestyle of the world (Proverbs 28:10).

 

Help us to continue to cling to You in times of blessings as well as in times of trial. You promise that if we seek Your face, You will always supply all our needs (Matthew 6:33-34; Psalm 112:3; Proverbs 8:18). You never allow Your children to hunger in body, soul, or spirit (Proverbs 10:3 Ecclesiastes 10:2). We safely trust in You with our whole heart, and we ask for Your help so we do not rely on our human thoughts, strengths, and resources. 

 

Thoughts for the Day:

Our soul longs for God in both the day and the night, and our spirit and soul search for balance that is found only in Him. The door to eternal life is narrow, and few find it; but when we do, we discover a treasure that far exceeds any riches this world has to offer. There is no sorrow or weariness in the arms of our Father God.

- Isaiah 26:9, 35:10; Matthew 5:6, 7:13-14, 13:44-48, 19:29