Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Sharing the Same Brain


 

Is it possible for a couple to share the same brain? From the very beginning of my relationship with my husband – over 25 years ago - one of us would be thinking about a topic, and the other of us would start talking about it at that same moment. 

 

When my former husband decided there was no option for us but divorce, I asked the Lord for a new husband that was just like my younger son – he finishes my sentences for me. God gave that to me and more in my husband, Kevin. I am both mystified and blessed beyond words because of this.

 

We met by “chance” – or as I like to say, by “divine appointment” – at Books-a-Million bookstore. Our paths crossed, and I smiled and said, “Hello” – which I always do with those people that make eye contact with me at the grocery, thrift store, or out in a public place. I feel God directing me to make a connection to these people as an encouragement that “I see them”.

 

When I write a post for my blog, it turns out that Kevin’s sermon carries some of the same truths, even though we never talk about it. When one of us has an idea or problem that we bring up during our daily “chatting” times together, it is often one that the other of us has been contemplating also. It seems like we can read each other’s mind.

 

Of course, this occurs more because we share the same Holy Spirit than the same brain, and God is often speaking to us about a similar issue at the same time. His Holy Spirit is perfecting us and sanctifying our soul more with each new day, and we are sensitive to His voice.

 

God’s Spirit replaces our negative personality traits with His fruit (Galatians 5:22-23), and makes us more holy, as well as more wholly His each moment of the day. Our maturing intimate spiritual union with God provides us with a more spirit-led life and with more fulfillment, joy, peace, love, and strength.

 

Prayer:

Father God, thank You for Your constant presence in our life, and Your Holy Spirit’s direction for each moment in it. We often experience negative events in our life that make us weary or overtake us when we are not prepared. They teach us to live, move, and have our being totally in You (Acts 17:28). Thank you that my “wake-up” call came when my former husband informed me there was no option for us but divorce.

 

To say that I was totally shocked is an understatement. However, You teach us to find joy, even in the most trying difficulty; because when we pray with gratitude in our heart, surrender to Your will, and have faith in Your faithfulness, You lead us to the next chapter in our life, and You guard our heart and mind through Christ in the most miraculous ways (Philippians 4:4-7).

 

Thoughts for the Day:

My former boss introduced me to the thought that God did not design marriage to provide contentment for two unfulfilled people. According to His design, two completed individuals marry and enhance life for one another. When two content people also enjoy an intimate personal relationship with God as our living Lord, they become one and live in a reciprocal, mutually satisfying, interdependent relationship with one another.