Friday, November 11, 2011

Biblical Principle

Read: Matthew 7:13-14

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."  - Matt 19:24 (NKJV)

It is so easy to go through a wide gate or to drive down a wide highway. We do not need God’s help on such a journey. When you consider a camel getting through the eye of a needle, however, this is an unattainable task except by the grace of our Almighty God.  Jesus speaks about many narrow places that are negotiated only by the abilities God provides.

In my life, the hardest task for me to accomplish was that of forgiving myself. I readily forgave those who harmed me, because I had Jesus’ example on the cross. I had no reference, however, for forgiving myself. Then I thought about the Prodigal Son who had to forgive himself for squandering his inheritance before he could ever accept the gifts so freely bestowed on him by his father. I realized that I also had to forgive myself before I could accept the gifts of mercy, grace and love from my Heavenly Father.

Prayer:
Lord, teach us that pride is at the root of unforgiveness and give us the grace to overcome this sin and to forgive not only others but ourselves as well.

Thought for the Day:
We have no ability to share God’s message of truth to the world, unless we have His truth permeating our heart.