Monday, November 7, 2011

Choose the Best Gift

Read: Matthew 5: 3-12

“But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.”  - 1 Corinthians 12:31 (NKJV)

Solomon had a choice to receive anything his heart desired from the Lord. He could have amassed riches and fame, but instead he made a simple request – for God to give him wisdom to judge righteously (1 Kings 3:9). He is a good example to me in requesting my daily provision from the Lord. Solomon knew God’s principle of sewing and reaping. He sought God’s Kingdom and reaped an abundance of everything he ever needed.

I want to draw closer to God daily, to glorify Him in word and deed and to keep His will as the center of my focus. I have faith to believe that if I truly seek first His Kingdom, He will add everything I need to my life (Matthew 6:33). He will bless me abundantly and increase my talents, understanding and serenity, because I am His child and a co-equal heir with my brother Jesus Christ.

Prayer:
Lord, I want You to reveal to me Your more excellent way. Teach me to do Your will and to gratefully accept Your provision in my life and to walk in Your ways, so that I can receive your blessings.


Thought for the Day:
God hears the prayers of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)