Saturday, November 5, 2011

Follow the Leader

Read: Lamentations 3:38-40

"And if you ask yourself, “Why has this happened to me?”— it is because of your many sins...” – Jeremiah 13:22

As a teenager, I adjusted my behavior to fit in with my peer group and I followed their lead. Little did I know, we were all on the path to pain and ruin. People without Christ in their life find it impossible not to sin. Human nature is bent on taking the path with the minimum amount of effort along with the maximum capacity for pleasure.

Only Jesus creates true change in a person by exposing and eliminating our desire to sin. He warned us not to allow even a little sin to enter our life, because like yeast, it multiplies (Galatians 5:9). God hates sin; not only because He is holy, but also because He knows that when we compromise our values we put ourselves in a vulnerable position, which often causes us anguish and misfortune.

God made provision for us through the cross of Calvary. When we ask Jesus to forgive our sins, He freely exchanges them for His righteousness. From that point on, we live our life following His lead as He showers us with blessings. He also commissions us to tell others about the love of Christ and to point them to our Savior.  

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, may I always be a light to my family, friends, relatives and neighbors, showing them the way to Eternal Life. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
We can help to eliminate wickedness in the world, by sharing Christ with one person at a time.