Tuesday, November 1, 2011

God Bends Down to Listen

Read: 2 Chronicles 6:39-42

“I love the LORD because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!” - Psalm 116:1-2, (NLT)

What an awesome God we serve! He actually bends down to hear our requests clearly, so He can answer them in a timely manner. Of course, sometime His answer is “No” or “Wait,” but these responses are also for our good. At times, He even uses wisdom and discipline to keep us on a safe path because of some potential, unforeseen harm that threatens us (Psalm 27:11).

I want to walk worthy of God’s calling and to bring Him joy by bearing His spiritual fruit in my service to others. I am determined to increase in my knowledge of who He is and what He wants from me (Colossians 1:10-14) by daily Bible reading and prayer. I draw my strength from Him as I endeavor to joyfully do His will each day.

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for delivering me from Satan’s hold and allowing me to partake in the inheritance of Your Kingdom with Jesus Christ. Please help me to naturally reflect the gratitude I feel toward You in my words and deeds.

Thought for the Day:
God sees the big picture and sometimes graciously refuses to grant all of our requests.