Monday, November 28, 2011

Freedom from Fear

Read: 2 Corinthians 1:8-11

It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in men. It is better to take refuge in Him than in the mightiest king!” PS 118:8-9  (TLB)

One day I realized that I continually lose my peace and joy when I worry. Therefore, I started to write each concern on a small piece of paper and put it in a heart-shaped box. Then, when I start to fret again, I remember not to fear, because I already put the matter into the ‘heart of God.’

God promises to see us through times of distress in His perfect timing. Nothing this world throws our way will harm us irrevocably. Even if it takes our life, we take our next breath in the glories of Heaven! It is better to trust the Lord than to put our confidence in ourselves or anyone else. When we courageously survive a history of overcoming our struggles one day at a time, we have so much to share with others who are experiencing similar trails. We also gain faith to face the next adversity life throws our way, and we lose our fear of the future.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I pray for Your wisdom and strength to accomplish all You give me to do, because relying on You is better than depending on the most powerful person in the world. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
The Lord promises that He is on our side and that His help is just a prayer away.