Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A Very Good Heavenly Father

asphalt, dark, dawn



Some people say that God is not real, but a figment of our imagination. Well....I have proof that He is alive and well. He is very active in my life and leads me by His Spirit every moment of the day.

For instance, in a car accident, I flipped my car and slid down a hill upside down. I did not have one scratch or bruise, and the chiropractor could not find anything that needed adjusting.

In another car accident, I broke 11 ribs, a little finger, punctured a lung, and had a concussion and half a face full of glass shards. Yet, I was only in the hospital overnight, never took one pain pill, got a great night's sleep in my recliner every night, went back to work as a financial secretary after one week, and my face healed within a few days.

Now...tell me again that there is no God....HE is my very good Father, and I am so extremely loved by Him...Actually, I am a spoiled King's kid.

I have lived with pain, abuse, rejection, deprivation, and loss for much of my life in this world; however, Christ in me sustained me, and continues to bless me with His peace through it all.

You see, if we "grab" or strive for more out of life, because of discontentment with what we have, God wisely withholds His blessings from us, until we want Him more than we want what He supplies.

God created Paradise for us, but Adam and Eve wanted more. As with our first parents, God just may allow us to have what our heart desires, even if it is not in His will for our life. However, we always suffer the consequences of our decisions and choices made outside of His will for us. 

Jesus is our life (Colossians 3:3-4); and there is nothing nor anyone who can fulfill us better than an intimate relationship with Him. An intimate relationship with Him gives us all good things to enjoy.

Prayer:
Father God, we can never thank You enough for Your bountiful provision in our life. You bless us abundantly more than we could ever imagine (Ephesians 3:20). There is nothing that You would not give to or do for Your children, unless it is not good for us. We trust You to care for us.

Please help us to live a life that will draw everyone in our family, friendships, community and world to Your generosity and goodness through the sacrifice that Jesus made for us all on Calvary's cross. You are always our very good Father and we bless Your holy name.

Thought for the Day:
Whether we live with plenty or lack, we are satisfied with God's presence in our life, and His provision for us through it all.
- Philippians 4:11-13; Colossians 3:3-4