Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Healthy Living - Minimizing Stress


Brown Beige and Black Butterfly on Pink Petaled Flower


When I was 40 years old, my former husband told me that he saw no option for us, but divorce. I thank God that He used this potentially crippling event in my life to teach me valuable spiritual lessons that improved every area of my life.

I worked four jobs at one time - so that I could pay my bills and to start a savings for those unexpected issues in life that demand payment. After adhering to this schedule for over a year, my health suffered.

I got sicker than I have ever been in my whole life before or since that time. I was trusting in myself to provide for my needs, rather than trusting God to continue to meet them. I lived in continual stress, which is a silent killer.

It saps the life out of our soul, ties our stomach in knots, shoots unnecessary adrenaline into our blood stream, and causes our abdominal organs to leak, which falsely activates our immune system.

My moral in this story was to minimize the stress in my life. Doesn't that sound wondrous? It is. Now, I have been doing this for years - although, at times, I do take on more than I should, in order to help someone who needs my assistance.

I am learning to breathe deeply all day long, and to cut out any unnecessary activities; and then, to simplify my life by decluttering my home, my schedule, my possessions and my soul - my thoughts, emotions and choices.

I highly recommend this protocol to good health. This also reduces our physical pain, bowel issues, heart and lung problems, susceptibility to bacteria and viruses, our attitude, habits and appetite, etc.

Surrendering to God's plans for us prevents stress that causes future illness in our bodily organs, our judgment, our memory, our emotions and our relationships. We simply eliminate one issue at a time, until the peace of God rules in our heart.

Prayer:
Father God, Your Spirit wants to lead us through our day at work, home, community, church and at play as long as we take the time to seek Your will. You want us to let go of trying to control everything, to admit that we are powerless, and that we need Your power in our life. This is the first step toward healing our spirit, soul and body.

You plead with us to allow You to be the Almighty One in our life. When we surrender to You, everything always works out for our good, even the negative things (Romans 8:28). We cannot change people or all of our circumstances, but You can and You will - if we live each moment in total surrender to You. Surrender is our doorway to total freedom.

Thought for the Day:
When our workplace, home life or community involvement start developing into a pressure-packed existence, and the demands on our life prove unrealistic, this calls for prayer to submit them to the Lord; God calls us to live a life totally surrendered to Him and to be led by His Spirit, rather than existing in a life driven by the expectations of other people or events in our life.