Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lord of the Flies

Read: Psalm 92:1-5

“He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation." - Ps 91:15-16  

The window air conditioning unit mounted into the wall of our miniature, antique cottage home quit working. My husband removed the defective unit and went to purchase a new one. During his absence our house quickly swarmed with flies pouring through the opening! Their constant buzzing got on my nerves, so I commanded them to leave in Jesus’ name. I never doubted they would go because of promises such as Psalm 34:15-17 and Psalm 56:9.

After tucking my husband into bed that night, I went to snuggle into the fluffy couch pillows with a Christian novel. It was not until then that I realized there were absolutely no flies in the house! Humbled that I failed to thank God sooner, I jumped off the couch and joyfully pranced around the living room with my hands raised and loud whispered thanksgiving pouring from my lips to our awesome God. He did not have to answer my prayer, but He abundantly accomplished my request (Ephesians 3:20-21).

God delights in answering the prayers of His Saints (Proverbs 15:8). The perfect antidote for insomnia is to thank Him nightly for His faithful care. Even in the most adverse circumstances, we triumph over every difficulty by waiting on His Spirit’s leading moment by moment throughout the day.

Prayer:
Lord, it is so good to give You thanks. Help me to remember to praise You for answered prayer. Even in the sad times and the mad times, I will sing praises to Your name. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
We relish in God’s constant provision, but we do not really show Him appreciation until we start declaring His loving kindness to our friends, relatives, associates and neighbors.