Monday, May 7, 2012

The Prayer that NEVER Fails


Read: Psalm 142: 1-7

“Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” Psalm 62:8

Each evening, I journal my troubles and give them to the Lord, and then I list five blessings He provided, which I am thankful for from that day. He is my source of joy and peace. No house, mate, child nor treasure adequately fills the emptiness in my soul the way Jesus does.

There is a God-shaped keyhole in the door to our soul and He is the only key that fits it. As we seek Him for all our needs, He continually opens His windows of blessings for us to enjoy.

In my lifetime, I often felt like I battled a deluge of adversity. However, these daily “rains” brought beautiful, healthy “flowers” of Godly character and blessings into my life. They taught me that God is worthy of all of my trust. They gave me opportunities to watch Him work out His miraculous provision for all of my needs.

God does not care if we complain to Him in the “rainy”seasons, nor if we question, “Why?” His goal is for us to trust Him explicitly with every aspect of life. He calmly waits until we eventually pray what some call the prayer that never fails…“Lord, Thy will be done.”

Prayer:
Lord, I want to walk in Your Spirit every moment of every day and to always live in Your will for me. Teach me to surrender my will to Yours and to give You the opportunity to prove Yourself strong in my life. Help me to consider my carnal, melancholic nature dead in Christ each day and to put on Your armor to withstand Satan's fiery darts, which attempt to distract me from living out Your will for my life each moment of the day. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
"Lord, Thy will be done."


Photo by: http://www.mattmilliganphotography.com/potw.htm