Monday, February 12, 2018

The Seeds for a Miracle in My Trials


Silhouette of Dandelion Behind Sun


Due to God's benevolence, the words of the title of this post have seen me through many trials in my life. It started when I accepted the fact that God loved us enough to take on human flesh and to pay the penalty for our sins (John 1:14).

I learned to stop resisting the trials, which are inherent to life on this sin-filled planet. I started to rejoice in them instead, because I know that God will work them all out for my good (Romans 5:3, 8:28).

I want to document some of the seeds for miracles in my various trials in order to encourage you, my reader, and to give glory to our Father, who loves us beyond words.

*In 1971, I married the love of my life. Over the 22 years of our marriage, we learned that we were never really compatible. We saw life through two very divergent viewpoints. For instance, I needed to work with my husband, while he preferred to be alone unless he wanted companionship.

I am very emotional, and he is rather stoic. My prophetic nature often wounded his sensitive soul; yet, he never divulged this information to me until after he decided that there was no option for us but divorce.

Bewildered by this unexpected trial, I moved back to my childhood home with my extended family, and I waited on God to show me His future plans for my life.

Eighteen months later, God produced miraculous fruit from the seed, which He planted in this trial. My Heavenly Daddy gave me a mate more suited to my personality.

For 22 years now, we work together continually in the ministries, which God gives to us. My dear husband cherishes me, loves me unconditionally, and appreciates me continually.

*At one point during our 19 years of ministry to New Life Church in Florida, I had a trial for five weeks which had me homebound. I caught a cold virus that developed into bronchitis, pneumonia and back to bronchitis.

During this time, my cat of 14 years sat on the arm of my recliner and kept me company for the duration of my illness. We bonded during that time, and she gave me continual cat hugs and kisses to comfort me.

Even though my constant coughing startled her at times, she never left my side. God planted her in my life as my miracle seed. She is my constant source of joy, even after God healed me from that illness.

*Another trial occurred when we purchased a small, "starter" home in Florida that needed quite a bit of remodeling. The seed for the miracle manifested as God freely provided the materials and much of the labor to make this home pretty and comfortable for me.

*Living in such a small space, however, became a trial to my husband. After five years, God's seed came in the form of our neighbor who asked to buy it; he wanted to remodel it even more and to move his family into it.

*We then moved to a three bedroom, two bath manufactured home in a senior community, which had a termite and roof inspection before we moved into it. A few weeks later, the trial came when we discovered termites and a leaky roof.

The miracle occurred when those that did the inspections repaired these issues with no cost and no fuss or issues for us. My husband really, really loved the additional, square feet of extra living space.

*During the first half of our years together, I saw more of my husband's children than my own. They were young children when we married, and we got them for several weeks out of the year.

Then, as adults, they lived closer to us, while my children lived many states away from us. We saw my husband's grandchildren more often than I was able to see my own.

The seed for my miracle in this trial was that, twenty years later, my husband took the pastorate of a church only three hours from my younger son and my grandchildren. Now, I am able to see them more often.

*Another trial occurred when I found out that I had Autoimmune Disorder issues for most of my life. Up until then, my doctors treated all of the symptoms of this illness; but never gave me any help to combat and stop the root source of it.

God gave me the seed for my miracle when a mentor shared his experience with me. After suffering for 15 years with fibromyalgia and arthritis, within two weeks of me starting the detox diet he recommended, I was pain free. 

As I read the book my mentor gave me, I learned what it takes to heal this malady caused by a leaky gut and inflammation. When I strictly adhered to the advice in the book, The AutoImmune Solution by Amy Myers MD, many of the symptoms of Autoimmune Disorder started healing.

*For instance, my eyes developed Narrowing Glaucoma over the years of Autoimmune destruction of my bodily organs. After prayer from my church family, and my new lifestyle diet, my eyes started to heal until the Glaucoma was totally gone.

*Another trial and seed came from Hurricane Irma of 2017. It damaged much of our manufactured home in southwest Florida. We had planned to use the money from the sale of this home to purchase land and a small café to use for community outreach in connection with our pastoral ministry in Illinois.
       
This vision died with Irma, until God lead a Christian couple to give us the money needed to purchase this property, along with a loan to buy needed equipment to open the cafe.

We were also able to cash in our retirement CDs with a minimal penalty to make the needed repairs on our Florida home. We look forward to the future sale of this mobile home in order to pay back the loan for the café and to restore our retirement savings.

*As we outfitted the café and bought the necessary equipment to open the restaurant, we found many items on sale. Some of the appliances, booths and chairs were slightly used, but still in good shape.

We ran into the biggest trial when the exhaust hood, which we already purchased, cost more to install than the property and the building did. This put a halt to all of the projects needed to open the café.

It looked like this unexpected development might not only delay the Grand Opening, but might even kill our dream of using the café to provide our community with a loving place to fellowship and meet new friends.

The word of our predicament slowly got out into the community, and the miracle produced by the seed, which God planted in this death and rebirth of a vision, provided us with help from unexpected places to be ready for our Grand Opening.

Prayer:
Father God, You have given us so many wondrous benefits as Your children, starting with our eternal salvation and continuing through every trial which life throws at us through the years. We highly prize our intimate union with You along with the continual guidance of Your Holy Spirit. I shudder to think of a life without Your presence and direction.

Keep us ever mindful of the seeds for a miracle, which You plant in every trial. This will help us to count them as joyful occurrences, rather than dreading the future trauma that they usually bring. We trust You as our Heavenly Daddy, and we know without a doubt that You always have our best interest in mind.

Thought for the Day:
Trusting in God's benevolence and mercy, we can abide in a fulfilled Christian life now and for eternity; living as an example of God's Agape love will allow us to serve as a beacon of light set on a hill to draw others to His saving grace.
- Matthew 5:14; John 12:32