Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Who Are We and Why Are We Here


brown hammock hanging on trees near seashore during daytime



So many people struggle with the concept of who they are and why they are on this earth. God has a perfect plan for our life, which He put into place before we were even born. We are His creation, and the apple of His eye (Ephesians 2:10; Psalm 17:8).

His plans include every aspect of our life: what we will look like, what genes we will inherit from our parents, where we are born, where we will live, whom we will marry or if we marry, what vocation we will serve Him in, how many children we will have, etc.

They also include the ministry/ministries in which He will use us to further His Kingdom on the earth. He gives us the spiritual gifts that we need in order to function in our service to Him, even when these gifts change over the years of our life (1 Corinthians 12:4-28).

These spiritual talents give us the ability, direction and motivation to be a viable part of a local church; to serve as a missionary in our community, country or abroad; to effect lives in positives ways; and to increase the number of those with whom we will spend eternity.

We discover an interest in certain ministries, a passion for their success, the abilities to successfully work with others to perform the work involved in them, and the desire to continually pray for God to send even more harvesters out into the fields, which are ripe for harvest (John 4:35).

When I was single, evangelism was my passion, and it still is. When I married a Pastor, God equipped me to serve in an administrative role in the Inreach and Outreach ministries. When I had children, I served as Children's Church director and a teacher.

Although I never finished college and had no teaching degree, God even opened a door for me to teach in a public Alternative School when my children were teenagers. My favorite memory there is that God used me to lead a young man to Christ, and to be with him a year later, as he went Home to be with the Lord. I look forward to spending eternity with Him and all of God's Saints.

As I matured in my faith, God used me to teach women (Titus 2:3-5). In addition, I served in the ministry of hospitality - we had an open home to help those arriving at our local Bible college to have a place to stay until they found a home of their own.

Now, in my "Golden Years" my passion is for prayer and praise. I am a bit of a recluse, but I do not mind. All day and night long, I worship and praise our Father God, and I pray for everyone that He puts on my mind.

I also assist in a children's Sunday School class, and I wash dishes in the church kitchen. Writing a devotion every day, and posting it on my online blog, is another ministry and passion of mine right now (https://wordpress.com/post/kathleenbrdly.wordpress.com).

God will use all of us in His perfect plan for our life. As we trust Him with all of our heart, and consult His will for everything that we do, He will direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6). We will help to grow God's Kingdom and to find fulfillment in our life.

Prayer:
Father God, thank You for drawing us to Your heart for salvation, gifting us for the calling You place on our heart, and using us in Your perfect plans for our life (Ephesians 2:10). Your Spirit transforms our mind to the mind of Christ (Titus 3:5), and changes our personality with Your divine character and nature (2 Peter 1:4).

Continually help us to discern Your purpose for us through every season of our life. Living in the center of Your will for us is the happiest place on earth. Keep us on the path that You intend for us to walk, and correct our course when we tend to stray from Your perfect plans for us. Thank You for working in us and through us, and for giving us the gifts and talents to minister for You all the days of our life.

Thought for the Day:
God gives us a passion to serve Him in our vocation, our family, our local church, our community, our state, and our world - in the areas in which He gifts us to serve Him with our whole spirit, soul and body through every season of our life.